What is #GivingTuesday? It is a global day dedicated to giving back. It happens the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday and is an opportunity for cities, churches, families and individuals around the world to come together and celebrate generosity.
Mission:Dignity has participated in #GivingTuesday the past three years (2014-2016). Thanks to your generous support, on those three days alone, we raised over $102,000. Gifts ranged in size from $5 to $5,000. And 100% of each gift went directly to a retired SBC pastor, worker or widow in critical financial need.
Double the impact of your gift! We hope to have matching funds available to double the impact of your gift on November 28 only. If you, or someone you know, would be interested in offering matching funds, contact us at MissionDignity@GuideStone.org.
Here are ways you can participate on November 28:
- Donate to Mission:Dignity online. There is an option to make your #GivingTuesday gift in honor of your pastor, a former pastor or someone special. We'll acknowledge your gift with a special letter to them.
- *Text a gift of any size by texting MDGive to 77977.
- Share a message on Facebook or Twitter. Post a message explaining why you support Mission:Dignity. Use the hashtags #MissionDignity, #GiveDignity and #GivingTuesday.
- Take and post a photo of yourself or someone holding a sign sharing what Mission:Dignity means to you. Use the hashtags #MissionDignity, #GiveDignity and #GivingTuesday.
- Share one of our videos (www.MDSunday.org) or stories (www.missiondignity.org/WhoWeHelp) with your friends and family.
- We'd love to share your photos on the Mission:Dignity Facebook page, with your permission. Simply email your photo to MissionDignity@GuideStone.org and watch for it to appear on the Mission:Dignity Facebook page sometime throughout the day. We just might have a special treat for you if you do this! And if you aren't already a part of our Facebook family, join us at www.Facebook.com/MissionDignity.
Use the Facebook profile picture or Twitter avatar to show your support of Mission:Dignity on #GivingTuesday.