Thank you doesn't adequately convey what we want to say, but it will have to do.
Thank you for loving. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for giving in a BIG way on #GivingTuesday 2018! With gifts ranging in size from $10 to $25,000, together you raised $279,198. In this year when Mission:Dignity celebrates our 100th anniversary of providing assistance to retired SBC pastors, workers and widows, you have fully funded a year-long grant for 100 widows. And the $250,000 match that your gifts secured will fully fund year-long grants for 69 couples. So, from us, and more importantly from these precious saints of God, thank you!
MATCHING FUNDS! We have $250,000 in matching funds on November 27 only.1
What is #GivingTuesday? It is a global day dedicated to giving back. It happens the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday and is an opportunity for cities, churches, families and individuals around the world to come together and celebrate generosity.
Mission:Dignity has participated in #GivingTuesday the past four years (2014–2017). Thanks to your generous support, on those four days alone, we raised over $230,000. And 100% of each gift went directly to a retired SBC pastor, worker or widow in critical financial need.
Double the impact of your gift! #GivingTuesday, November 27, will be our BIGGEST single day ever as we join together in generous online giving to help God’s faithful servants. Your gift on that day will be DOUBLED thanks to $250,000 in matching gifts made available. As always, 100% of your gift provides direct grant assistance for God’s faithful servants so they can buy groceries, pay the electric bill, get their prescriptions and not have to choose between food and medicine. Begin praying right now about your part in #GivingTuesday. Save the date and make your Centennial Celebration gift on November 27.
Here are ways you can participate on November 27:
- Donate to Mission:Dignity online. There is an option to make your #GivingTuesday gift in honor of your pastor, a former pastor or someone special. We'll acknowledge your gift with a special letter to them.
- *Text a gift of any size by texting MDGive to 77977.
- Share a message on Facebook or Twitter. Post a message explaining why you support Mission:Dignity. Use the hashtags #MissionDignity, #GiveDignity and #GivingTuesday.
- Take and post a photo of yourself or someone holding a sign sharing what Mission:Dignity means to you. Use the hashtags #MissionDignity, #GiveDignity and #GivingTuesday.
- Share one of our videos (MDSunday.org) or stories (missiondignity.org/WhoWeHelp) with your friends and family.
- We'd love to share your photos on the Mission:Dignity Facebook page, with your permission. Simply email your photo to MissionDignity@GuideStone.org and watch for it to appear on the Mission:Dignity Facebook page sometime throughout the day. We just might have a special treat for you if you do this! And if you aren't already a part of our Facebook family, join us at Facebook.com/MissionDignity.
Use the Facebook profile picture or Twitter avatar to show your support of Mission:Dignity on #GivingTuesday.
1 And visit the page for updates . . . we anticipate receiving additional matching funds!